Tuesday, September 18, 2012

26th

thank you to my barkada Roselyn for making this :)


I can't believe I'm already 26!!! :) But I'm not complaining. In fact I'm thankful that I've reached this age happy and healthy. More than ten years ago I used to think that those people aged 26 and above are already old (25 is the oldest among the bunch of young people, haha!). Also, at 26 I have this perception that people are already stable with their career, sure of themselves, and happily committed/single. That at 26, they have cars and houses or at least close to getting them. Now I wonder if my perceptions then were right or simply I'm not there yet. 

I remember what a friend told me before that success doesn't come with age. It's good if you have goals and you're set to achieve them on a specific age like I did (which I wrote here). But don't be disheartened if at 26 you're still single and you're still living with your parents or you're not yet a manager, haha!!! That's how life is. Maybe at 16 you imagined yourself to be living a super fabulous life but fast forward ten years later... you're still struggling to make both ends meet. But that's okay. What's important, I believe, is that you still continue to dream and you manage to make your life fabulous despite the challenges and frustrations.

So what are my wishes for my 26th birthday? I just hope for a better ME. A Darleen that is down-to-earth but vibrant. A Darleen who is not settled with mediocrity. A Darleen who values her relationships with God, family, boyfriend, and friends. A Darleen who sees the beauty in life despite of so many setbacks. A Darleen who is a go-getter but maintains a happy disposition. :)

Thank you God for a beautiful life! My thank you is not enough to show You how grateful I am for everything You gave and done for me. I love You daddy God :)



No comments:

Post a Comment