Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Addicted: Are You Guilty?

The pictures below were taken from this site:
How to take INCREDIBLE photos of your friends - The Oatmeal
While the comments are on me. Need to be more careful already if I don't want to waste my 12 years in jail. Haha! 

I have no idea if the writer of The Oatmeal is a Pinoy but he/she seems like one. Haha!!! The "steps" below are common for all Filipinos and I'm curious if some nationalities are like us as well.

Well, reading this made me realize how shallow I am at times. Guilty as charged but I'm having fun doing these! Haha!

Bringing a "real camera" everyday is inconvenient. It's bulky unlike our (camera) phones which we can just put in our pocket. Aside from that, after taking the picture we can upload it right away at Instagram or Facebook. Don't you just love technology? It has made sharing faster. So you can upload on the spot what you're doing, what you're eating, or where you are. It may annoy some people (including me) but it's their life right? We have a choice either to delete them in our friends' list or simply ignore them. Haha!

Sino nga ba nagpa uso na basta may camera mag smile? Di ba pwede na candid? Haha! 


We want a "perfect" picture that's why even if it will take up to nth times to capture the perfect moment, we will endure the smile and pose for God-knows-when! Haha! 

Hey I still count and say cheese. Don't you? :)

I can't relate to this. Really. 

Flash can definitely makes our face bright. Though it is useful in some scenes. :)

Who doesn't want to be included in the picture? Not me! I definitely don't want to be left out. Haha!!! You won't be tagged daw! Lol!


People are just brutal right? I hate it when they tag me of pics wherein I look awkward or awful. Grrr...  
But I'm also guilty of this! Haha. Sorry friends! Rest assured that the next time I tag you, at least you will like it..hehe..

Yes, we can be shallow at times. But may the last statement above make us change our perception (and dependence) on social networks. Facebook, Instagram, etc...are there to help us have a faster and simpler communication with people especially those that are miles apart from us. But we must always remember that social networks cannot replace the physical bond we share with the ones we care about. Being together is a more wonderful experience, right?  Go out and see the world! Have a really amazing experience outside of social networks. Don't please other people because it can be tiring. Do things because you enjoy it...because you're with your family and friends. Because at the end of the day, the number of "likes" we got from posting our pics won't really matter... What will really matter is the memory and experience we had behind the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment