Friday, November 16, 2012

Don't Expect People To Adjust For You Except If You're A Superstar


I've been contemplating lately regarding my personality. You see I'm a very bubbly person to the point that I can be hyperactive and be misinterpreted later on. I'm also emotional. I get angry, irritated, sad, and happy easily. But I'm not bipolar ok? :) It's just that I'm sensitive, I guess. It can be good at times actually but it can also do harm. I'm also the type who speaks my mind. I can be brutally frank. Or maybe I'm just trying to be funny, it's just that no one is laughing. Hehe..

Anyway... lately I've learned that WE SHOULD NOT EXPECT PEOPLE TO ADJUST ON OUR PERSONALITY AND ATTITUDE. Each one of us are going through something so who are we to demand special treatment from others? Except of course if you're a superstar, lol! Let your personality shine wherever you go. But let us just be reminded that it won't hurt to be a little nicer. If we feel good in ourselves then it will show on how we treat others.


Sometimes when I look at women who are "prim and proper" I question myself why I can't be like them - soft spoken and poised. I suddenly feel ashamed of my loud and "cowgirl" personality. But then I realized that I can still be "prim and proper" without giving up my zest. It's just about having the right behavior at the right time and place. If you're in the workplace (especially in a bank like me) you should act professionally. Deliver what is expected from you with high work ethics. If you're with friends, then try to loosen up. Laugh for all you care but be sensitive with the things you say and how you say them. When you're with people you barely know, don't try to feel too close already. Be polite with your conversations.

So no matter who we are or what's our personalities like, it's just about loving ourselves and treating others nicely. Yes, we can't please everybody. But isn't it nice to sleep soundly at night knowing that if you'll wake up tomorrow you're not worried that you may have been a pain to someone? Instead of expecting from people to be more sensitive of us, let us have a better version of ourselves. Who knows it can actually make a difference, right?

*I'm a work-in-progress, as I always say, but this post is my way of reminding myself to be nicer to everybody I encounter.




No comments:

Post a Comment