Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Miss You, Ormoc!

I've been in Tacloban for all my life so when I was assigned in Ormoc for a new job, I was really nervous but ecstatic!!! Hello, I'll finally be able to experience the meaning of independence (said my 23 year old self). Aside from the better career opportunity, there was another reason for my excitement. Haha! But that's all in the past now.

The experience of living alone, sleeping alone, eating alone especially during dinner, doing grocery alone, and doing anything by myself have not only make me miss my life back home but more importantly it taught me to be decisive, responsible, and resilient. 

I would not have managed the life-away-from-home without my officemates, boardmates, friends, and of course Ian. These people have been my boredom killer and my second family. I would not have survived without them.

Although I was glad to be back in Tacloban, I also missed my life there especially in the office/branch. I admit that it was challenging working in the branch because:
  1. language barrier - speaking in Bisaya is not my thing. it was always hard talking to clients. but eventually i learned the dialect later on.
  2. you have to be patient all the time because you're dealing with clients every minute
  3. being in the operations means that you just can't leave your station anytime you want (even if you want too pee already or you're super hungry)
  4. you can't use the internet easily, haha!
  5. you can't txt or make calls as often as you want
  6. month end. duh.
  7. i have to wake up very early on Mondays since i'll be travelling 
  8. can't really eat a decent meal (always eating out)
  9. homesick
  10. you missed the happenings back home! grrrrr!!!
But it was also fun, memorable and quite a learning experience too, because:
  1. i met IAN :))
  2. dates with above-mentioned guy (how i miss YOU!!!)
  3. when the Bank closes, everyone is on a happy and chika-chika mode already
  4. i can really be me - loud, giggly, and perky (haha, at least when there's no client already)
  5. i'm with the champions! 3 years in a row! i'm so proud of Ormoc Branch, kina-career lagi ang presentation every Christmas party, haha!
  6. meeting clients every day; meeting new people and old friends
  7. foodtrip 
  8. teleserye-watching with boardmates
  9. i have privacy in my bhauz (coz right now I'm sharing a room with my sister which is totally fine with me but there are times that I want the room all by myself)
  10. i grew, i believe :)


There's actually nothing permanent in life. Who knows, maybe next month or after a year, I'll be going back there. What's important is that we are flexible. And we always make the most of our time. Cherish the people we meet. Treasure each experiences life gives us. Savour every pain and joy that comes our way. 

Instead of doing my assignment, I became nostalgic and opted to blog instead. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment