Monday, July 30, 2012

NAMETS!



Ever since I first went to Bacolod in 2007, I immediately fell in love with the place. I told myself that the place is so livable and lovable (haha...). Seriously, Bacolod is a beautiful place with a rich culture and delightful cuisine. I surely enjoyed the second time I went there last year (which I blogged here). Every day is a new experience for my tummy! :)  So watching Namets was like travelling back to Bacolod. I'm glad Ian recommended me this movie. This isn't just about Negros cuisine. It's also about appreciating your own culture 'coz it's one way of discovering yourself.

Namets! is a 2008 Filipino independent film directed by Jay Abello. The film was a finalist in the full-length feature category of the 2008 CinemalayaPhilippine Independent Film Festival.[3] The film's title is a play on the Hiligaynon word namit, which means "yummy" or "delicious".

Jacko Teves (Christian Vasquez) owns Puccini's, an Italian restaurant in Bacolod City. When a monstrous cock fighting debt sets him at odds with Boss Dolpo (Peque Gallaga), he offers his restaurant up as payment. Boss Dolpo brings in Cassie Labayen (Angel Jacob) as a consultant to renovate the restaurant. Much to Jacko's dismay, Cassie decides to offer Negrense cuisine instead of Italian. The pair then set off across the province re-discovering the unique aspects of Negrense food.

No comments:

Post a Comment