Monday, July 23, 2012

White (Love) Pad


I admire women who take charge of their own lives. Women who are never scared to pursue their dreams no matter how impossible it may seem. Women who proved people that they are actually capable of doing things for themselves. Women who remain down-to-earth and fabulous despite their very busy and successful lives J Women who know how to have fun but their values remain intact.

In our country, women usually do the things that are expected from them – be meek, submissive, and allow men to provide for you. Well, I’m not saying that it’s neither wrong nor outdated to be these three things. It’s alright to be modest but we should learn to fight in whatever we believe in. Stand up for what we deserve! It’s not right anymore to sit and wait for things to happen. We should speak up and tell our men if we want flowers on Valentine’s or if we want to be cuddled when we had a bad day (naks!)... We should speak up whenever a friend asks why we’re still single (like I have yet to find a guy who truly deserves my time) or why we’re not yet getting married (as if we’re the one who will propose to the men, right??? I think being engaged is one of the things that men should initiate in a relationship, unless you’re already going out for more than a decade, then that’s something to think about...hmmm... )..  We should speak up to colleague who belittle us..unless you yourself think that you’re worthless, then it’s really a sad thought... We should believe in ourselves and actually do things that will get us through our GOAL.. Let us grow everyday..

I think it’s also okay to mess up once in a while. What is a life without mistakes and bad decisions? What is life without getting lost and hurt? What is life without something to look back and cringe on why you made such things?!?! Haha!!! What is life without having something to laugh about in the future?!?! Just remember...that as long as the result is not that damaging...then I guess it’s totally fine! Haha...safe pa rin!

Why am I saying a lot when all I wanted to share is that I want to have my own house before settling down?!?! Lol! Isn’t it nice to have your own space that you’re free to decorate? Imagine that you can do whatever you want with it...have the wall painted in purple and hung your pictures all over it!!! Haha! You can even invite a friend and go wasted for all you care (though, drink responsibly always!) You can finally cook that French food you can hardly pronounce just because you’re already sick of eating takeouts. You can clean whenever you want because your mom is not there to remind you everyday how messy your room is. You can go home any time you want because your dad is not at home waiting for you and asking you who was the guy that brought you home.

Well, living with your parents has its perks – savings, you will never die of hunger, well-laundered and ironed clothes, safety, and having your family around. But I believe that having the opportunity to live on your own before settling down allows us to learn more. We will discover a lot of things about us and be more responsible in the process. Paying the bills is solely ours. The leak in the faucet is now our problem. Doing the groceries is now our thing. Cleaning the house is now a hobby. Living on your own may seem scary (and expensive perhaps) but I think when this is done...This is actually one of the most liberating things to do and one of the biggest achievements we can have. It’s like having a baby that we will take care of. Our labor of love.

I’m not really sure if I can realize this dream considering my financial status nowadays which I talked about here. But I really want my own space which I can proudly call mine. My own space which is my sanctuary. My space which will tell my story and will tell a part of who I am. The closest thing I got from having my own space was renting a room when I was still assigned in Ormoc for two years. But that's another story...

Anyway... JThe pictures below are grabbed from mydesignfolder. I would really love my pad painted in white but accessorized with colorful details. Even though it’s small, I wanted it neat and cozy. Can you notice that the house is filled with “love and heart” details? I like it that by adding these details in the house, you can tell the owner’s personality and it makes the house distinctive from the rest. I would love my home to be filled with unique and colourful pieces. You can do so much with a white house actually! Am I right?

How about you? What’s your house like? J

















No comments:

Post a Comment