Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Narnia Time Relationship


When I was younger, I always thought that couples should always stick together. I'm a hopeless romantic, who could blame me? I would always imagine that when two people are in love they should always do things together and be in the same place all the time. I have created so many ideals in my mind before I even had a boyfriend.

My first "real" relationship was far from ideal. Emphasis on real since we were together for a long time and it was serious. At least for me, haha! Anyway, the relationship was a disappointment because it broke all the expectations I had. Tsk, tsk, one thing I learned though is that expectations cause disappointments. But it's normal to expect right? You are in a commitment, so it should be give and take. I was disillusioned!

A friend sent me a text earlier that pretty much tells about my heartbreak. It says:

"A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It's just His way of letting you realize He saved you from the wrong one."

Thank you God for saving us! :) The experience, although painful, was liberating actually. I felt peace and joy. It was one of the best decisions I had for a long time.

Dating again has been kinda strange and overwhelming. But it was nice meeting decent guys (as if marami!) I have already realized what I want and what I'm looking for. I was praying to God if He could just allow me to enjoy my single life and prepare me before entering into another relationship. I was also praying to Him to bless my decisions and allow me to see things in the right perspective. I was scared of getting hurt again but if I allow pain to rule my life then I couldn't be happy. Wow! Feeling risk taker, haha!

When I met IAN I did not expect that we would click. We did. We are. As what I remember, we were just having fun being together that it eventually led to a relationship. We officially became a couple.

We would text and call each other till the wee hours of the morning.We would see each other almost every day and night. I introduced him right away to my family, friends, and relatives. We would make plans on how we will spend long weekends and holidays. It felt like things were going too fast. We simply enjoy being together. It feels as if we've known each other for a long time already. You bet we were in a Narnia Time Relationship - It means you have immediate comfort with somebody, an instant connection where you both seem to feel like you should have been together this whole while and are just now doing the things you’d be doing maybe five or six months in. You want to jump ahead to the part where the amount of time you’ve been together “matches” the intensity of what you feel. Maybe you’re just excited about the possibilities of this new person. You have hope. You feel happy. You’re diving in because you like the way they make you feel and you like spending time together so why stop? Heck, maybe you’re really in love.

Maybe that's how it is during the start of any relationship. It's intense and everything seems like a dream. I'm not saying that our love nor the excitement faded now. When I was transferred to Tacloban, reality sets in. It was a wake up call for us! Suddenly our routine changed. We would only get to see each other at least twice a month. Truly our relationship was put to a test. I'm proud to say that after a year of being miles apart we managed. We managed well. I also believe we grew during the process. We realized that relationship cannot be measured on how many hours we are together nor how long we have been talking. It's beyond that. A relationship is about partnership. It's about trust, communication, respect, and collaboration. Gosh, I feel so 40 saying these things! Haha!

When we are in a relationship, we sometimes become blinded on what's happening outside. We tend to prioritize too much on the relationship that we forgot our dreams, our families and friends, and eventually ourselves. We both agreed to have a "ME" time and spend time with our other loved ones. Hey, our relationship is far from perfect. We have misunderstanding at times (aherm, thanks to me, haha!) I sometimes have complaints about him not doing this and that. He also couldn't understand me at times. We're two different beings and it's really challenging to compromise especially if you have been together for quite some time.

Yes, the relationship is far from ideal. BUT I am happy. We are happy :) I can sleep peacefully at night knowing that someone loves me dearly aside from my family and friends. We enjoy doing simple things together. I always still get excited when we see each other. I still get kilig when we're together. It's nice knowing that at the end of the day I have him to talk to about how my day went. I'm just thankful that he listens, he's open minded, and he always make it a point to make me happy.

He may not be so good in words and doing romantic stuffs but he always make time for me. I am hoping and praying that the love we have now will continue to grow and may God be with us always.

No comments:

Post a Comment