Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Parade of Lights 2012

June 29, 2012

This was the first Parade of Lights in Tacloban. Before there was the Pintados Festival wherein delegates from the region would parade in the streets of Tacloban and showcase a dance in colorful costumes. When I was a kid, people would wear white shirts since anyone would just spray paint on you. Haha! That was irritating but super fun! How I miss the old times! It was the highlight during the month of June (Tacloban Fiesta).

Then Sangyaw Festival came. Suddenly everything changed. *sigh*

This year the Parade of Lights started. It was held at night time (no explanation needed as to why, hehe). There were a lot of spectators. Thank God it did not rain!

Gone are the vibrant and very cultural presentations. Instead, there were "floats of lights" with people dancing in bonggacious costumes. The floats were okay. I would expect that next year would be more bongga, hehe! 

Haaaayyyyzzz...how I wish that I had a good camera. Anyway, I had fun that night despite the super heavy and uncontrollable traffic. Yaaay! Free dinner kasi! :)





















*This is just my opinion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment