Thursday, August 9, 2012

Broken-hearted


I went to Robinsons the other night to accompany Noemi (my officemate) in buying a walker for her son who also happens to be my inaanak. While she was busy choosing which one to buy, I happen to see a boy (I think he was 10 or 11 years old). It was apparent that he came from school since he was wearing his uniform – it was wrinkled, dirty – paired with slippers instead of black shoes. He was thin and I can see that his feet were really dirty. I pitied the boy upon seeing his appearance. How could a parent manage to send his child to school just wearing slippers and a wrinkled uniform? Well at least he was in school. Well…the more I feel sorry for the boy when I observed that he was checking the toys in the mall. It’s as if he was playing them. I thought to myself that this boy dreams of having those toys but it’s obvious that his parents could not afford it at the moment. I almost cried upon this realization. Children have the right for a loving family, safe environment, comfortable life, good education, and to have toys… I believe that they should be given the chance to play and have their wants once in a while.

When I went home, I really cried upon seeing this pic again. I really pitied the boy. I felt my heart was broken. I hope I’m not overrating this! Kids ought to have a fun childhood. I just hope and pray that he will continue his education – that all children will realize their dreams! So it’s now one of my dreams also to make a child happy even just for a day. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment