Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 05 - A time you thought about ending your own life.


Well, I have not actually ever thought of ending my own life. As in never because I believe that life is too precious to end, except for natural death of course, haha. Although there are times that I feel so hopeless, I try to manage to survive because I still want to pursue my dreams and experience living.

So, in order for this blog not to be wasted... let me share with you one of the lowest points in my life. I now have the guts to share this because I have moved on already. Well... it’s no secret that my parents now lead separate lives. At first I was really devastated because at that time we were also experiencing so many crises. Even though my parents were telling me not to be bothered and just continue doing well in my studies, I just can’t help getting affected. I was the eldest and I thought I had to do something to lessen the burden my family was experiencing. During that time, I really felt down, lonely, helpless, and hopeless. My family, who is my source of strength and joy, was in turmoil.

But God is really great. He really is. Slowly, the crises were fading and we were starting to be a family again despite my parents’ (physical) absence. My father at that time was assigned in Borongan and my mother was (still there actually) in the US. 

My parents, regardless of their marital status, are still doing their duties to us. They continue giving us a comfortable and decent life. They have been able to provide our needs and more than that at times. They have been supportive of our dreams. They have showered us with so much love, care, patience, and acceptance. We have never been the ideal children but they have never given up guiding and supporting us. We are still lucky and blessed to have them as parents. Though there are times that I still wish that we could be a complete family again, I instead thank the Lord because He gave us a good father and mother J

My mother would always tell me that whatever happened between her and my father doesn’t necessarily follow that it would also happen to me. She dreams for me (for us her children actually) not only to have a career I love but to also have a happy and complete family of my own. I am actually looking forward to that day J Someday.

"Life rarely turns out exactly the way you want it to, but you still have an opportunity to make it great. " Life goes on. We should not be stuck in a situation wherein we will not grow. Everyday is a new day. Each day brings new experience to be learned and cherished. So make each day count. I was inspired reading this blog about surviving during tough times . Hope you do too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment