Thursday, June 21, 2012

27 Things To Do Before I Turn 27


While having lunch, me and my co-workers had the chance to talk to our boss about investments and making the most of our time and money while we are still young. I was really motivated after the conversation. It made me ponder about my life. 

Some of us who are in our 20s tend to "overenjoy" that we stop caring of what will happen tomorrow. I feel so guilty that after working for five years already, I begin to wonder what happened to my life. I have an insignificant amount of savings way smaller than my debt (huhuhu!!!) I haven't finished my Masters degree yet (been studying for four years already) And I have gained almost ten pounds after graduating from college!!!

Well, at least I can say that I'm pretty much happy with my life right now even though some things did not turn out the way I expect them to be. We can never really plan our life right? Eventually, a few surprises are bound to happen and I believe that sometimes what happen later are actually better than our original plans. I guess what's really important in life is to never take your values for granted 'coz they define who you are and they are the key on where you are heading.

So here I am making a list once again on what I want..blah..blah...blah!!! Haha! So what makes this list different from the previous ones I made??? This actually has a "due date" hehe... For goals should be SMART...meaning your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time Bound. Now I know why I still feel I have accomplished less. It's because I don't put a deadline on my goals.. tsk..tsk...

The "tasks" below are actually long overdue, that's why I'm giving myself a year (less than 15 months really) to accomplish them all - before my 27th birthday next year! So am I crazy for doing this??? Is 27 too many??? Omg! Before I panic, I have to remind myself again why I am doing this. I am doing this because...because??? I want to put a direction in my life. For once, I can actually say that I haven't wasted my time and I have done so much in a span of one year. Well, I do hope that being productive could go on till my last breath, haha! So bless me God!!! :)

So in no particular order, here's my list:

  1. Finish my Masters!!!!
  2. Save a six figures (or higher if possible, hahaha!!!) in my bank account.
  3. Pay off all my credit card debt!!!!
  4. Get promoted (how I wish!!! *God, You know what I'm praying for right now...)
  5. Buy a lot (a house is a plus!)
  6. Bake a cake or cupcake :)
  7. Cook a real food
  8. Learn to drive (grrrr....and have a drivers license)
  9. Finish reading a book
  10. Run in a marathon
  11. Lose 5-10 lbs
  12. Go to Boracay (yes, I haven't been there!)
  13. Travel overseas (oh yeah!!!)
  14. Stroll Lyka (our dog) in the park
  15. Donate to a charity
  16. Finish a 9-day mass (a novena or simbang gabi)
  17. Walk across San Juanico Bridge
  18. Never be late again for work!
  19. Wear a boots in an ordinary day, haha!
  20. Purchase a jewelry
  21. Visit an old friend I haven't seen for a long time
  22. Attend mass every Sunday :)
  23. Have a confession
  24. Go to beach early morning (yey!!!! sunrise!!!)
  25. NO to RICE for dinner (gulp....for a year????)
  26. Continue blogging :)
  27. Get married!!! (hahaha....well, I put this last since this is one thing I can't control and could only wish for.. hehe!!)

This blog entry is actually my COMMITMENT. I may struggle and lose hope along the way but I'm hoping for a 100% realization (haha, the banker in me nga naman!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment